May 30, 2010

Tomatoes are in!

The tomato cages and plants are mostly all in now. I still have a few more inside, but I'm not sure where they'll go!

My first flowers! These will make some early Sweet 100's!

I had to get some pots for the extra tomatoes. Lets hope they grow well!

The asparagus are getting quite tall and branching out. I am excited to see what they look like as "adults". I don't think I could pick one out of a line-up.

The icicle radishes are finally plumping up. You can see way down the upper ends of them. The greens are absolutely huge! Can you eat those? They have these little spines on them that I feel when I'm rooting around for the plumpest ones.

Im harvesting about 20 radishes a day now. Way too many to eat, so my neighbors and relatives are all getting their fill too. Radishes have been really easy to grow, and even though I didn't thin them, they still grew really, really well. I have been washing, cutting and bunching them like this and giving them away.

We have had a good mix of rain and sun, so things are growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment