June 19, 2010

Garden Update

The potato's are growing! I thought all was lost. But since I took this photo they have really taken off. I think this seaweed lasagna might actually work. It seems like only the bottom row of potatos are growing, but I think we will learn lots from this attempt.

Mint! My favorite weed! It is getting a bit annoying, but it is seriously delicious to pick.

Blueberry plant is prolific this year.


Asparagus (bush?) is  growing nice and tall. I wonder if we'll get to eat any next year.
The potted potato's have grown much faster than the seaweed ones. I think dirt is the way to go, but I will reserve my final judgement for later in the season.

The lettuces have taken off. We are regularly eating from this area now. You can see the radishes are all gone, but there is a new crop growing!

Another seaweed lasagna producing.

The basil is in. I think I want more plants next year. We will see. I love the lime  and lemon basil, how crazy is that! The thai basil is great too!
Beets, Sunflowers, radishes and onions. All doing very very well. They are much bigger since I took this picture as we have had some really sunny warm days this week.

An overview of our little garden. Its getting very green. Lots of comments from the neighbours now!

This tomato plant has grown immensly in just a few weeks. Its a black cherry tomato I think. I posted a picture right after I planted it on here and its amazing how small it was then!  You hardly notice the changes when you look at them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment