May 25, 2010

Peas, Beets and Asparagus!

There is a lot of activity going on here on the mainland this past week. We had an absolutely beautiful long weekend and my plants just took in as much sun as they could handle. The peas and pole beans have finally sprouted, as well as the beets and even some of my asparagus crowns! Very exciting!

I decided to add some soil to the top of my seaweed potatoes as the seaweed seemed to dry out WAY too fast. I think they are staying a bit more moist now.
One of the many radish bunches we have picked. We have grown quite a few and have even resorted to giving some away! Who would have thought!


The pole beans are sprouting and growing right at the base of the pole. Not sure how to "train" them, but I think they sort of do that on their own. Learning Point!

Asparagus! Next year we will be harvesting around this time. I can't wait!
Hard to see, but the beets have sprouted above.

Three new additions to the little plot. In one I have "pot" zuccini growing. Apparently they do not spread as much as the traditional zuccini so they are good for pots.


Lettuce growing well!

All for now!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I'm also excited for asparagus next year.

    Good luck with your beans. Unfortunately mine have germinated terribly this year.

    Also, I've always wanted to visit Nova Scotia! I'm sure it must be beautiful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete