May 7, 2010

Wind Storm

Well, the hoop covers have been removed. Forcefully.

We live in a particularly windy area of town and my plastic covers could not stand up to the constant battering. They lasted about 1 month and then started to shred. Amazing really. Perhaps thicker plastic would do better, but its been warm enough that Im content to just remove the plastic. Its also much less of an eye sore with the plastic gone.

The radishes are growing well, although they are really not spaced well. I didn't plan on ALL of them germinating, but I guess its pretty close to 100%. The carrots are sprouting too! The asparagus crowns came today and I planted them in front of out living room window. The vegetable gardeners bible says that asparagus needs its own bed free of competition, but I just don't have that luxury yet. So, we'll see how they do there.

Pics to follow.
Next is to get some seaweed for the potatoes! Hopefully this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment